- Eliminates “pre-approved” credit card offers
- Alerts you if someone tries to obtain credit using your information or identity
- Notifies you if an address change is filed in your name
- Monitors known hacker sites and databases for your information
- Reimburses you for out of pocket expenses incurred from identity theft
- Tracks your credit score, alerting you to drastic changes
- Crux of the service (fraud alerts, credit freezes, etc) are doable by the average consumer for free
- Identity fraud is still a hassle, but not the financial burden it was a few years ago
Get started with Lifelock today and start protecting your family immediately! Save 10% through this offer!
The Geek’s Take
Identity theft is big business, both for the thieves and for the good guys trying to keep you safe. But is a service like Lifelock valuable? While it’s true that many of the services Lifelock offers (fraud alerts, credit score monitoring, freezes, etc) you can do on your own without any service at all, Lifelock does take those alerts one step further. For one, Lifelock and services like it make the fraud alerts that any consumer can add to their account permanent instead of expiring after 90 days. Super valuable if only for the peace of mind that it offers. Another service, and this one much harder to do on your own, is the elimination of those annoying and possibly dangerous pre-approved credit offers. This alone in our eyes is worth the $100 a year in our eyes. Is 30 cents a day worth it to protect your family from fraud? Only you can decide for sure, but our research shows that Lifelock is at the head of the pack for these types of identity theft services and well worth our Editor’s Choice award.
To read more about how Lifelock can protect you and your family, go here.
Lifelock Identity Theft Protection Review
Identity theft is big business, both for the thieves and for the good guys trying to keep you safe. But is a service like Lifelock valuable?